Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 10:57:55 EET

PS:

Don't get me wrong!

I'm pro making Linux more used, to get better driver support, but I'm
completely against it, if it's done by abandon diversity and
configurability.

You might argue that providing a GUI would still enable to use an editor
instead.

No, take a look at the Wikis, than they only will explain how to use the
GUI, without mentioning how to do it with an editor.

And we will get "don't edit this file"-text and lines of irrelevant code
for the configurations.

[root@email-addr-hidden rocketmouse]#
cat /run/media/rocketmouse/q/boot/grub/grub.cfg
set timeout=8
set default='0'; if [ x"$default" = xsaved ]; then load_env; set
default="$saved_entry"; fi
set color_normal='light-blue/black'; set
color_highlight='light-cyan/blue'

menuentry "FreeBSD"[snip]

Still not well maintained, but at least better than an auto-generated
grub.cfg and much faster to set up than using the configuration files to
configure this configuration file. What next? Having a GUI to configure
the configuration files for the configuration file? And than a GUI to
configure the GUI, that does configure the [snip] ;)?

--
Oskar Sala - Elektronische Impressionen Nr. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoRIlb6kTs