Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 19:43:56 EET

Nice, now we have 2 threads with very similar content ;).
So this is for
Re: [LAU] Autologin to locked desktop was: Re: LightWorks for Linux Demo
too

Arch Linux with Xfce:

$ cat .xinitrc
#!/bin/sh
#
# ~/.xinitrc
#
# Executed by startx (run your window manager from here)

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ]; then
  for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/*; do
    [ -x "$f" ] && . "$f"
  done
  unset f
fi

exec startxfce4
# exec xterm

Remove the display manager and after startup there will appear the user
prompt were you need to run startx to start a xfce session. IIRC that is
how I did it, before I installed lightdm.

Depending to your startup done by init, upstart or systemd, there might
be different ways to run a script automatically that first does startx
and if wanted, then does lock the screen and after that if wanted, will
start the audio applications automatically.

Perhaps such a script can be in
$ ls -hAl /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/
total 8.0K
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 242 Dec 6 02:23 30-dbus
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 398 Dec 10 12:58 40-libcanberra-gtk-module