Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Federico Bruni <fedelogy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 19:54:47 EET

2013/3/18 Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>

> I said it above, I'll repeat - in all seriousness, there can't be one
> reason why
> Linux is not mainstream. There can be a multitude of reasons. My point, I
> think,
> is clear - many things on Linux are often hard to do and you bump into them
> more often than on Windows. And it is certainly one of the reasons.

I think that GNU/Linux as operating system is much easier than Windows,
really (even if I'm biased, I know).
Windows IMO has a poor usability and people like it just because they are
used to it. So it's also a matter of habits.

OTOH I agree that in some fields there are programs that are not
user-firendly (even if great).
For example music notation: LilyPond can't compare to its proprietary
competitors in "user-firendliness".. but Denemo and MuseScore maybe will.