Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Mar 20 2013 - 04:47:32 EET

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 21:21 -0400, Robert Vogel wrote:
> What I am missing from the LightWorks conversation is the
> outlook for the release date. Since I am a GNU/Linux bigot
> and am willing to spend money for a better product, it would
> be good to know that there is a polished application that
> will work with G/L. Did I miss the release date ?

No Bob,

there's no release date, it's just the usual noise "hello we provide a
professional application, with a sane workflow for Linux too", but they
don't.

"Before the end of the first quarter of 2013 we will be making the Linux
version of Lightworks available as a Public Beta, the same as with the
latest Windows Beta. A confirmed date will be announced once we
finialise some more improvements.

There is still a lot of work to be done primarily in finishing off the
new licensing scheme which we will be trialling with the Linux Beta. If
it proves successful, this same licensing will be rolled out to the
Windows and Mac versions. More information will follow early next year
as it becomes available." -
http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=19&id=36286&Itemid=81

Take care not to miss the 2 hour window to test the beta release ;),
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/01/lightworks-for-linux-opens-alpha-access-for-limited-time .

Regards,
Ralf