Re: [LAU] Kazam screencast [WAS: LightWorks for Linux Demo]

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 11:02:36 EET

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 22:49 -1000, david wrote:
> No package conflicts because if a package exists in a Debian
> repository and in Ubuntu, I use the Debian version.

Packages could conflict with dependencies, for different reasons, even
the package you install might have another name, than for a duplicate
provided by another repository, e.g. might put files in different
folders.

We've got a lot of incomplete recommendations on that list, but many
claims like a is better than b, without being aware what a or b really
does provide or not.

You remember, why should somebody want to auto-login, I don't need it,
so why should anybody else need it?

Sorry for all my noise and PS, but short mails with less noise often are
simply not through to the end, that's why we have claims like "Linux is
able to do everything another OS can do", that are simply not true.

At least I can use Linux, because I'm aware about it's limitations.

Mixing Debian and Ubuntu packages is a bad idea and shouldn't be
recommended.