Re: [LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 15:12:22 EET

On 22/03/13 13:01, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 03/22/2013 01:03 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 03/22/2013 12:24 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>>>
>>> How's the nanokontrol powered this way, via the midi master keybd?
>>
>> No, via the PC.
>
> But my PC is 3 m away from my master keyb (with midi out), I thought the
> usb to midi cable was meant to bridge that gap.
>
> Now I lost sight on what that usb to midi cable should be. :)
>
> Moreover, how do I solve the 'distance power problem'.
>
> \r

The Nanos are powered by USB only, there is no other way of powering
them. So, however you connect them up for midi, it would still have to
be connected to the PC and have some sort of splitter arrangement. In
the long run, it sounds a lot easier just to use midi-over-USB.

The review I posted yesterday said that they draw very little power,
which might be useful if power drops off over distance.