Re: [LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 15:31:24 EET

On 03/22/2013 02:01 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 03/22/2013 01:03 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 03/22/2013 12:24 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>>>
>>> How's the nanokontrol powered this way, via the midi master keybd?
>>
>> No, via the PC.
>
> But my PC is 3 m away from my master keyb (with midi out), I thought the
> usb to midi cable was meant to bridge that gap.

Yes, it is meant to bridge the gap between master keyboard and PC. Not
to bridge the gap between the nanoKONTROL and your master keyboard.

> Now I lost sight on what that usb to midi cable should be. :)

To connect your keyboard to your PC.

> Moreover, how do I solve the 'distance power problem'.

Master keyboard --> USB MIDI cable (eventually with an USB extension
cable) --> PC
MIDI controller (nanoKONTROL) --> (USB extension cable) --> PC

But what you probably want is a USB MIDI controller with MIDI in (like
your BCR2000) that is portable. Afaik no such thing exists in the price
range you have in mind. And using your BCR2000 is not an option?

Jeremy