[LAU] Free instrument sample library

From: Nicholas Schoonover <schoonover.nicholas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 23 2013 - 18:48:19 EET

My name is Nicholas Schoonover and I am interested in creating a free
instrument sample library. I am in my senior year at Wayne State University
studying audio engineering. I have access to a professional studio and
basically all of the musicians in my universities orchestra, symphony
bands, jazz bands, choirs, and various small ensembles. I have talked to a
fellow student of mine who is also interested in helping out. I understand
all of the audio aspects of things, but am a little hazy on everything
else. I have a decent amount of experience for my age in recording
instrumentalists from doing audition tape work and from my schooling. I am
busy for the rest of this semester with school, internship, and job. I was
planning on starting to undergo this project over the summer when I will
have more time and the school's studio will be more available. I don't
personally use linux for much audio because I am trying to make a career
out of it, but I do use Musescore a decent amount because I find it
comparable in performance to Sibelius and Finale. Because of this, I would
love it if the sample library I create could be incorporated by Musescore.
Is there someone who is already working on a project like this who I could
help out? Any direction you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicholas Schoonover