Re: [LAU] Audio distros

From: Egor Sanin <egor.sanin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 25 2013 - 18:30:35 EET

Hi Stefan

On 3/25/13, Stefan Stefanov <selectany@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can you suggest any console based distro optimized just for listening
> music? I don't need any sofisticated music maker software on it like
> synthesizer, filter and etc.
> May be just real-time support kernel, optimizer kernel IRQ and of
> course with JACK.

Just do a minimal install of Arch Linux. Be default there is not even
an X server installed, so as long as you don't install it yourself you
will have a nice console-based OS.

For music playback, you can use Music On Console
http://moc.daper.net/

Running MOC through a screen or tmux session will even allow remote
control through ssh.