Re: [LAU] Free Impulse Response files for guitarists

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Tue Mar 26 2013 - 16:49:51 EET

Am 26.03.2013 14:44, schrieb James Stone:

> On Mar 26, 2013 1:01 PM, "hermann meyer" <brummer-@web.de
> <mailto:brummer-@web.de>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I've found a amassing Free (CC BY 3.0) Impulse Response files pack
> for metal-guitarists (20 amps) here:
> > They are well trimmed and sound amassing, to be used with IR.lv2,
> jconvolver or guitarix.
> >
> > http://www.virtualampstash.com/thread/191/ir-pack-metal-amps-bestplugins
> >
> > Another Free Package from Dredd (Bestplugins) is here:
> > http://www.virtualampstash.com/thread/187/mega-ir-pack-bands-bestplugins
> >
> > As well dedicated to the metal lover here. 8-)
> >

> Thx! Not tried them yet, but I am wondering what the second load of
> IRs is? It just looks like a load of bands/songs and I don't
> understand how you would generate an ir from that.. I guess it might
> be able to model the overall reverb on the track but I can't see how
> it would be of relevance to modeling individual guitar amp internal
> reverb?

Those IR's didn't do a reverb, okay, they do as well a bit of reverb,
some of them, but, they are most mean as a kind of EQ.
I haven’t checked out the second package, because my interest is more
EQ'ing of amps (in the case of convolution), and therefor the first
package is great. Just a kind of distortion before the convolver, and
you be done.

Dredd created a lot of very nice IR-files, as well he is involved in amp
modeling to, I remember I've read somewhere were he explain what the
second pack is mean for, and how he do it, but I didn't have it parade
right now. :-)

I guess the videos there will show a bit what you can do with them.

greets
hermann