[LAU] Tray Volume Control for Alsa Loopback Device Not Autostarting

From: JH Oh <foldedwings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 01:44:40 EET

Hi. Need some help here.

I'm trying to route alsa to jack using alsa loopback device following
mainly this
tutorial(http://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge).
It's working great except for a trivial matter.

I wanted to launch a system tray volume contorller(tried volumeicon and
pnmixer) to control the alsa device so put it on the autostart file of
openbox, but it won't start. Funny thing is, when I manually run it or
even when I logout and in again, it launches. It fails only at the boot
time.

Any hint for fixing it? Thank you in advance.