Re: [LAU] HOWTO create a simple youtube video for musical purposes

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 16:25:48 EET

[Ivan Tarozzi]
>Il 28/03/2013 23:25, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden ha scritto:
>> I have a musical piece of some 4 minutes, recorded in Ardour and
>> currently saved as an ogg file. I would like to make it Youtube
>> compatible in the most simplest way. Like in having one single picture
>> being shown while the music plays. Not even two or three, just one.
>
>ffmpeg -i image.png -i music.mp3 -acodec libvo_aacenc -vcodec libx264
>outpu-video.flv
>
>Tryied with few seconds of music, and it seems to work. But (I don't
>know why) only totem display the image, vlc doesn't.

You need to add "-loop_input" if the video input is a single frame,
and then you'll also need to add "-t <duration_in_seconds>" to make
ffmpeg finish the encoding because otherwise the looped image input
will run on past the end of the audio stream.

Also, if the audio is already mp3-encoded, it's probably better to use
"-acodec copy" to prevent degradation from re-encoding.

Actually, I'm not sure you need to upload h.264/mp3 to youtube; I'd
certainly try a format with ogg-encoded audio first.