Re: [LAU] jackd in a (Fedora) VM under Windows ?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 30 2013 - 22:23:48 EET

On Sat, March 30, 2013 12:50 pm, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to have musical audio creativity as we know it (jackd,
> Ardour, etc..) in a Linux VM that runs under Windows 7 ? Is it possible
> to connect a HW synth to jackd in such a setup ? Just asking before
> starting to do anything - thanks !

If you have external monitoring and can use a higher latency, it may work
ok. I would rather suggest one of the audio distros Live ISOs. Many of
them have a persistent file system available. I you boot one from a USB
stick you can run audio apps natively and save to the usb stick. Some of
them may allow mounting your windows partition r/w as well for saving
directly to the hard drive. For sure ubuntustudio and I think there is a
Red hat variety too (forget the name just now, CR?? comes to mind). I am
sure there are others too.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net