Re: [LAU] Realtime Privilege, WAS:Re: OT: what is happening with RT kernel development?

From: Kaj Ailomaa <zequence@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 30 2013 - 23:09:12 EET

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:59:03 +0100, <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Le 29-03-2013 21:14, Kaj Ailomaa a écrit :
>
>> Again, the name can be gotten from doing: cat /proc/asound/cards
>
>> If my memory serves me correctly, your device is named simply LT1010,
>> so, in qjackctl, instead of "default", or "hw:0", you would write
>> "hw:LT1010".
>
> I entered 'M1010LT' by error, which was from :
>
> % cat /proc/asound/cards
>
> 0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7d10000 irq 53
>
> 1 [M1010LT ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 1010LT
> M Audio Delta 1010LT at 0xd040, irq 18
>
> Forgot to prefix it with 'hw:'.

Did you change it to hw:M1010LT ?

> Now qjackctl does not fully start and has to be kill -9 to terminate.

Does not start, or crashes when you try to stop it (the latter is a bug in
jackd 1.9.8)?

> I've looked in /etc/ but there's no jackd or qjackctl directories.

/etc is for system wide configurations. When you set any kind of configs
as a user, they will be saved in your home directory.
The config file for qjackctl is at: ~/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf