Re: [LAU] What is the best MP3 encoder?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 15:44:44 EEST

Peder I'm 46 years old and worked most of my live as audio engineer, so
I'm experienced with the way people listen and I made a lot of tests
myself.

You are talking about esoteric, take the "$5000 Les Paul or the $500
copy" and compare the neck humbucker played as humbucker and played as
single coil, while playing a blues scale around the 12 fret of the same
guitar. A guitarist will hear the difference.

What is the improvement of 192 KHZ for audio production? My card does
provide it, but I never used it. What I need are 48 KHz only and to
reduce issues while processing the audio data, it's wise to use 32 bit
float, but a sample rate higher than 48 KHz?

What does it improve?

Regards,
Ralf