Re: [LAU] What is the best MP3 encoder?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 19:13:09 EEST

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 11:32 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> So I used a cmos op-amp which uses very little current at normal signal
> levels. The TLO74/84 family. These were great, and could make 29 volts P-
> P on a +-15 volt supply rail at around .007% distortion.

I still own a lot of TL07* (at least a stick with some 702), it's
written that my Behringer mixer does use 4580 and it's written that the
ADA8000 does use TL072, but that the ADA8200 will use 4580.

Years ago, when I got my Behringer mixer I worried about the many TL07*
I bought a short time, before I bought the mixer. A friend confirmed
that at that time TLs were less used anymore for audio gear.

I never made ABX tests for op-amps, but IMO a lot of IC gear is able to
keep up with good discrete circuits, at least in the homestudio price
range those newer op-amps IMO do sound very good.