Re: [LAU] ABX test invite

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 05 2013 - 20:06:02 EEST

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Florian Paul Schmidt
<mista.tapas@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Don't we have fair use laws in most of the world? Academic research
> (testing encoders) should be covered by it, no?

While true, in the US at least Fair Use is the argument made after you are
taken to court. And while this could definitely be argued to be for an
educational use, you would have to convince the judge of that as well,
after paying all the numerous fees associated with that on my side of the
pond:)

   Seablade