Re: [LAU] E-MU 1212m soundcard installation help for the blind

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 06 2013 - 21:07:18 EEST

On Sat, April 6, 2013 10:18 am, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Clemens1
> No, no 0000:04:04.0 . But te directory was:
> /sys/bus/pci/drivers/EMU10K1_Audigy/
> Same goes for the 10K1X directory.
> I've also booted my ARch Linux, which is a bit of a pain, but it has a
> normal 3.8.3 kernel and candetect hardware and load modules. Same there, I
> get
> the info on lspci, but no entry in /proc/asound/cards . ALSA version on
> that
> system is 1.0.26 .
> I've also cleaned up the motherboard, just to be sure and checked, if
> the
> card slotted correctly. It feels that way. If one of them seemed a little
> doubtful it was the main board, not the daughter board.
> Anything else, that I might test?

There seems to be some indication that it matters what other pci(e) cards
are installed. Some MB have only so many PCIe channels. For example, A MB
might have 4 PCIe channels and then have a 4 channel slot a 2 channel slot
and 1 or 2 1 channel slots. Normally, the video card goes in the widest
slot, but you may like to try putting in a narrower slot to see if that
frees up some bandwidth. This will slow down the video card some, but in
this case the audio is important. Just as a test try swapping the slots
where you video and audio cards are.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net