Re: [LAU] Somebody here using: Phasex configuration

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Apr 07 2013 - 19:27:31 EEST

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 08:40 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sun, April 7, 2013 8:26 am, Len Ovens wrote:
>

> > It seems what has happened is that the save dialog under "file" is the
> > same as under "patch". In other words the preferences dialog changes
> > things but does not save it and the save feature under "file" which IMO
> > should save the preferences, saves the patch instead. Probably the
> > developer has just copied the the same values over and never changed to
> > the right ones... or just hasn't got that far yet.
>
> Editing .phasex/phasex.cfg seems to work. The file is very easy to read
> and change. From reading the release notes on the developers page, it
> appears he expects it to auto save. I now have phasex starting with the
> light theme and a 9 point font.

Thank you Len :)

I edited
/mnt/music/quantal/02song.a/share/phasex.cfg
but not
~/.phasex/phasex.cfg
and indeed
/mnt/music/quantal/02song.a/share/phasex.cfg
was automatically overwritten, but not with the settings I made using
the GUI, but with the default settings I don't want to get. Perhaps with
the settings in the file ~/.phasex/phasex.cfg :D.

I'll try if editing ~/.phasex/phasex.cfg will work here too.

I don't like to keep important settings somewhere hidden in home, I want
all the music data in a folder for the song I'm working on, but I guess
at the moment I still have to live with this. When the files are just in
~/.foo it would be ok, unfortunately they can be everywhere in
~/.foo_local_config_blablabla/share/apps :(.

What I want to do now isn't really making music, I want to "play" with
perhaps harmonySEQ, since I had a wrong idea about it and it seems to be
something completely different, but very funny. So I'll make some
sequences on a very low level and thrash out the abilities when using
the nanoKONTROL. In the past I used Yoshimi with the nanoKONTRL in a
sane way, today or next week I'll overdo it. Any recommendations for
virtual synth that can be controlled by MID are welcome.

Links to Linux editors for hardware synth, that could be controlled by
the nanoKONTROL are welcome too.

Synth that can be controlled, that I own are Roland MT-32, Yamaha TG-33,
Yamaha DX7, Oberheim Matrix-1000, but other editors are still welcome
too, since I could lend one or the other synth. And from those 4 synth
the Yamaha synth are unimportant regarding to real-time editing. For the
TG-33 no editor is needed, it provides a joystick for vector synthesis
and if I want to control the DX7 similar to analog synth, I would use
the Behringer Modulizer or if available add a software "V"CF.

Perhaps I should google for Linux software "V"CFs and EQs that can be
controlled by MIDI.

Regards,
Ralf