Re: [LAU] Mastering the meaning of mastering and "original master recording" in the digital age

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Apr 07 2013 - 21:01:14 EEST

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 11:30 -0600, Bearcat M. Şándor wrote:
> AAD, ADD, DDD for (recording, editing, mastering)? Why did they stop
> doing this?

It's pointless information. It doesn't matter, if a production is DDD or
AAA, just the result is important. I prefer AAA over DDD, but I can't
hear if something is AAA or DDD, what I can hear is if the production is
to my taste or not and this does depend to the audio engineer and not
what equipment in the chain was digital and what analog.

They should give information about the production process of LPs and
CDs, "this LP was build on the quick on very thin and cheap vinyl" or
"this CD was build on the quick, without error control" or "this LP/CD
was build as it should be done".