[LAU] noise with pulseaudio on Delta 66

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 08 2013 - 15:32:02 EEST

I've had a Delta 66 PCI audio card for over a decade, and it's always
sounded great. I recently had to transfer it to a new PC with a fresh
install of Fedora 17. Now, when I play anything using any pulseaudio
client, I get a strange digital noise (sort of like static, but almost like
aliasing too).

This does NOT happen when running jack, as far as I can tell.

Aside from disabling or uninstalling pulseaudio, is there anything else I
can do? Does anyone else have this problem?