[LAU] GMorgan play along

From: Robert Vogel <vogel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 09 2013 - 06:20:52 EEST

I subscribe to a free service: Jazz on the Tube
<http://www.jazzonthetube.com/> that sends a clip about every day.
Here's an example:
http://www.jazzonthetube.com/videos/count-basie/slow-blues.html

With that inspiration:
GMorgan is a free program which you can download
from Sourceforge. It works well for me using Ubuntu and a Yamaha Motif ES8
keyboard. Probably it runs on other Linux distributions, although
Fedora could not keep time...(I didn't install the correct
graphic driver for Nvidia.)

You don't have to install GMorgan though. Try playing along with this
slow blues in Bb, a YouTube video which is screenscraped from
GMorgan0.58. Get your instrument and open full screen.
(If the Youtube isn't clear enough drop me a note and
I'll send you a link to the original file.

I couldn't resist adding some illustrative accompaniment
tracks. Watch on the left of the screen for pattern changes.

http://youtu.be/R6iHyLcBee0

If you like it. let me know and I'll make some more.

Bob