[LAU] Phasex review

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Apr 10 2013 - 02:21:43 EEST

I can't find an option to disable MIDI for "Part #:2", it only does
provide channels 1 - 16 and omni, not really an issue, but a problem is,
that the selected channel will not be restored, I need to manually set
it up after each start.

When using "Oversample" the sound seems to be brighter at 48 KHz, than
for other options. Regarding to the highly active filters, I cant make a
valid comparison, maybe it's just randomly.

It does save data inside a folder with an invalid name, but it's started
without options.

[rocketmouse@email-addr-hidden 02song.a]$ ls -hAl
total 28K
drwxr-xr-x 2 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Apr 9 05:48 ??????

Making sound settings isn't easy, the GUI is confusing, but once a sound
is set up, it's amazing.

The settings in ~/.phasex/phasex.cfg edited with an editor will be used.

At the moment I'm willingly making music on a low level, just playing a
little bit with harmonySEQ, so using Phasex isn't a problem, but for
serious work, when I try to make music with as much class as possible,
by my limited abilities, I wouldn't use it yet, version 0.14.