Re: [LAU] Linuxaudio from live usb

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 12:14:43 EEST

On 04/11/2013 11:00 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 04/11/2013 10:50 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to boot an linuxaudio distro from live usb and work with
>> JACK, Ardour etc.? How good or bad will the performance be? For example
>> for giving a workshop about Linuxaudio on Windows computers?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> \r
>
> This is perfectly possible. Studio 13.37 should ring a bell ;)
My choice would be Debian stable I think. But then I need a backport
repo for audio stuff. Tango Studio Debian seems to be Debian Testing
based. http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/documentations/tango-debian
I've good experiences with Tango Studio when it used Ubuntu.

AVlinux seems to be based on Debian Stable. Not sure if there's a repo
for if you want to make a customize iso.

\r