Re: [LAU] Ardour3: MIDI use cases ?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 14 2013 - 00:26:40 EEST

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM, <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Ardour3 supports MIDI. But how can it be used ? Can it be used like one
> could use Seq24 or Muse ? I have the impression that there's a high creative
> potential in there although I do not know how to start exploring. Anyone
> would care to share some practical use cases of Ardour3's MIDI capabilities
> ? I see Ardour 3.1.10 has even more MIDI features.

It can be used for whatever you can dream up, Ardour3 provides a
traditional sequencer like Muse or Rosegarden, with a slightly
different workflow and some functionality still in development. I've
used it for arranging rock & metal music, as well as some orchestral
music and even some Irish dance music. I used to be a diehard
Rosegarden user but pretty much am using Ardour 3 for all of my
sequencing now. The only thing I'd need to use Rosegarden for still is
tempo ramping, Ardour3 doesn't support it yet.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com