Re: [LAU] Ardour3: monitoring

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 14 2013 - 00:53:21 EEST

Le 13-04-2013 17:43, jonetsu@teksavvy.com a écrit :

> And so the trigger to install a low-latency kernel would be getting
> too many xruns. It sounds like a simple rule to observe.

And indeed. In one recording of a simple acoustic guitar track there
was at least 29 xruns. They are so densely packed that their numbering
is not that clear. Never had that many under Foedora 15/CCRMA where
there was one once in a while. So I guess I'll try a jack setting of 128
or a bit more if if this does not do it, install the Linux Mint
low-latency kernel. The machine is quad core with 16G of RAM.