Re: [LAU] [solved] E-MU 1212m soundcard installation help for th blind

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 16 2013 - 19:31:19 EEST

Hello!
   OK, the card is now working under Linux 3.9.0-rc6. There were a few oddities
along the way.
   The driver works under 3.9.0-rc6, but not under 2.6.38, using exactly the
same configuration.
   The trick: It seems, that the emu10k1 driver should definitely not be built
into the kernel. I tried the same configurations only with the module built-in
and modularised. Modprobe from the commandline now works.
   Then there re some questions about its workings and configuration in
alsamixer, but I'll ask those seperately.
   Thanks very much for all the help and support.
   Warm regards
           Julien