Re: [LAU] mixing problem

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 18 2013 - 19:11:09 EEST

[Brent Busby]
> But what do you do when its a thick analog keyboard part that spans a 4-octave
> range, and the range it's playing is the whole musical point of it? What do
> you do for those parts that won't fit in an EQ shoebox?

If the mix is far too dense, I'd probably try to tackle the problem by
letting the other voices rest altogether or only add sparse, very
short/soft accents. (Preferably by re-writing/re-recording, by muting
selectively otherwise.)

As Hartmut points out, it's a matter of taste of course, but silence
never sounded bad to me. (Si tacuisses ...)

Tim