Re: [LAU] Fwd: Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 19 2013 - 21:54:57 EEST

On 04/19/2013 11:11 AM, Nicola wrote:
> That's great, "keep it simple" i should say...that's why i think it's
> brilliant!

Keep an eye on http://ampbrownie.com/ then, it's an effort to make it
even simpler.

> yeah, that's what happened to me and i still don't know why.
> I'll try to increase the rtprio as well, good tip, thanks!

I'll have to check if I have the same issue. I don't recall running into
a similar issue.

> Maybe there's no need to install Ubuntu.
> I found out that there are 2 apps: "Connectbot" and "X server" in the
> market that that may do the job with android.
> Connectbot doesn't provide the "-X" option so we should set up the
> DISPLAY variable accordingly with the ip-port on the X server app.
> Maybe i'm just wasting my time but i will give it a try...

Ah, so you want to run the guitarix GUI on your tablet! I thought you
wanted to control it via MIDI and some touch app. Connectbot is not an
option, Android doesn't run X. I've never heard of the other option,
sounds interesting, I wonder what the performance and responsiveness is
like.

Jeremy