Re: [LAU] USB cassette player only recognized as mono device

From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 22 2013 - 23:13:59 EEST

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:10:26 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:

> Are you sure you get actual stereo output in Windows? I also got a cheap
> usb cassette player last year, and I got a stereo recording, but both
> channels were the same.

It looks like the channels are somewhat different, but is there an easy
definitive way to check? I tried converting the two channels to mono,
inverted one, and mixed them, but they didn't cancel each other out as I
would have expected - but maybe my procedure is not correct.

Thanks,

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson