Re: [LAU] S/PDIF in with ESI Juli@ and JACK

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 01:42:09 EEST

On Mon, April 22, 2013 10:26 am, Chris Caudle wrote:
>> From: Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden>
>> Subject: Re: [LAU] S/PDIF in with ESI Juli@ and JACK
>> Here's a picture of my QASMixer with the inputs as well:
>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/fef059250185749
>
> Where is the clock select in that picture?

Most envy24 chipsets use the same reg as clock speed. So on that picture
there is a "Multi Track internal Clock" - "48000" if it is expanded the
external clock will be above 96000 (if that is the top speed).

> If you look on page 18 of the card manual showing the (Windows?) utility
> for controlling the card, there is a selection box to set using the
> internal or external clock. To use the S/PDIF input you must select
> external clock.

That is different from the Delta series then. Good to know. Though that
could be a SW limit and not HW, but I would guess in this case it is HW.
While it makes sense to lock to spdif to use it, there are cases where the
spdif input may be locked to this card from it's spdif output for example,
where not using spdif clock, but still using the info makes sense.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net