Re: [LAU] Update: video micing question

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 24 2013 - 08:05:33 EEST

On 04/23/2013 03:26 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Another possibility might be a clip-on blue tooth device like the cell
> phones use, but those are _not_ long range, with 6 feet about the maximum
> practical range. I tried to make a dongle work over about a 15 foot path
> here but could only keep it working for 2 or 3 minutes at a time.

Then there's my silly JABRA EasyGo phone headset that works and connects
just fine up to 100ft. I know that from personal experience, since our
parking space is about 100ft from our house. I've sometimes left my
phone there, and had my headset start beeping about losing connection
about the time I get in the house.

Similar experience at my office when I left my phone on my desk and
walked out into the courtyard.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden