Re: [LAU] LiSP (Linux Show Player) - player specifically designed for stage productions

From: Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 24 2013 - 14:33:35 EEST

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:33:57 +0200
> From: Francesco Ceruti <ceppofrancy@email-addr-hidden>
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: [LAU] LiSP (Linux Show Player) - player specifically designed
> for stage productions
>
> I'm happy to announce the release of LiSP (Linux Show Player)!
>
> "LiSP (Linux Show Player)" is a sound player specifically designed for
> stage productions.
> The goal of the project is to provide a stable and complete playback
> software for musical plays, theatre shows and similar.
>
> Features:
> - Button matrix user interface, suited for touchscreens;
> - Multiple tracks playback;
> - Sound FX: gain, equalization, pitch shift, speed control and
> compression applied in real time on each track
> - Peak and ReplayGainnormalization
> - Remote control over IP of slave/backup PC;

I applaud your effort. Something I've been thinking about for years. :)

I have not had time to try it yet, but did look at the wiki.

Is my understanding correct: at this point it plays a given audio file when
the button is pressed?

Can it be configured to advance to the next cue when the previous cue is
complete?
Can it advance and play automatically on completion of the previous cue?
Can it play a given cue in the background while other cues are played?
Can it fade any currently playing cue/s? Or fade all playing cues?
Can it cross fade?

For a good sample of features check out CueplayerPro
http://baxeldata.com/cueplayer.html