Re: [LAU] LiSP (Linux Show Player) - player specifically designed for stage productions

From: Asa Marco <aesir.ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 24 2013 - 23:40:11 EEST

Il giorno Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:48:16 +0200
"Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> ha scritto:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:11:30 +0200, Asa Marco <aesir.ml@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
> > I hope this dispute on the name won't affect your opinion on
> > the software itself
>
> No, the drawback of LiSP seems to be the missing jack support (only),
> not the name.

As i mentioned in another reply, JACK support is already offered by the
backend (Gstreamer). In fact at current state LiSP already connects
to physical outs through JACK if it's running.

Unfortunately it's behaviour may seem odd, since LiSP opens a new
channel for every track put in playback and that's not probably what
would you expect. But nonetheless there are possibilities to use JACK
now yet.

> Nice that there will be a pkgbuild for AUR, I'll install it and take
> a look at LiSP. Unfortunately AUR pkgbuilds aren't update proved ;),
> I often have to build software available by AUR completely myself,
> it's already to much work to report each broken pkgbuild. You should
> take care about the maintaining.

As a contributor of the project I would rarely miss an update, so
consider that PKGBUILD update-safe ;)