[LAU] echo3g

From: İzlem Gözükeleş <izlemg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 30 2013 - 23:36:57 EEST

Hello,
We use Echo Layla 3G on HP Z400 workstations with Debian Squeeze (alsa
1.0.23) for two years.
Sometimes we get annoying timeout errors (wait_handshake(): Timeout waiting
for DSP). These errors mostly occur when the computer had been idle more
than one or two days.
Very very rarely we had timeout error while the computer was playing.

1. Computer's sleep mode is disabled from Gnome's power management.
2. Errors mostly occur while it had been idle for a along time. However, we
couldn't predict the exact time. In other words, we can't say that the
errors occur after 24 hour or 36 hour idle time.
3. Besides Echo Layla 3G, we have another soundcard. After the time out
error, although Layla doesn't work, there aren't any problems for the other
soundcard.
4. There aren't any information about the error, just,"wait_handshake():
Timeout waiting for DSP" lines.
5. We tried increasing timeout value for the echo3g driver. But nothing
changed.

What can we do? The error message (wait_handshake(): Timeout waiting for
DSP) is very limited. How can we find the real cause?

thanks