Re: [LAU] Problem uploading sysex data to hardware synth

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 03 2013 - 10:37:40 EEST

When receiving a normal 3 byte MIDI message most gear can process it in the interval between messages. When receiving a large sysex buffer, a lot of gear chokes on converting the MSG byte by byte into something usable - either because of a low buffer size, or some horrible code on the part of the sysex parser.

Slowing sysex messages down has nothing to do with the baud rate of MIDI but more to do with the between message gap and the processing power available during interrupt handling periods. Slowing a sysex dump down means "just pause a lot more between bytes so that the destination CPU can keep up"..

;

--
seclorum