[LAU] OT comment on "band in a box"

From: Pete Wright <pnwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 03 2013 - 19:51:59 EEST

On the escalating GUI vs command line troll-bait “discussion.”

Interface concerns present to past:

Voice and other “natural” or “semantic” approaches: Hal is breaking the
surface; fully emergent soon.

GUI (any kind): Now how am I going to keep an eye on Hal lurking just below
the surface?

Vi and Emacs: Wait a minute! It's the '80s again! Hal was lurking about in
the shadows. I could sense it even then but was far too unclever to catch
him.

Bottom line: Hal is upon us. Do whatever you want to; it will seem fine. Be
happy.

Even more personal note:

One of the advantages of advancing age is the many new flavors of paranoia
to savor.

Grins

Pete