Re: [LAU] OT: Anyone have any anecdotal experiences

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 04 2013 - 21:04:13 EEST

On 04. mai 2013 17:22, Q wrote:
> On 04/05/13 16:08, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:
>> On 04. mai 2013 10:31, Q wrote:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_Kruger_effect

>> Actually I had planned not to comment on this thread, but I can't help
>> it:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3BjF-tvTY
>>
>> Norwegian lyrics, but the video kind of, um, elaborates on them. Look,
>> there walks (what is the right word, does a zebra walk? stroll? wander?
>> I wonder...) a zebra, tail pointing to the sky.
>>
>> Al F
>
> Oh my.
>
> Norway and Sweden have produced some of the best progressive rock bands
> in the world and, I'm given to understand, some of the best metal bands
> as well. I guess now the balance is restored...

Thanks for this comment, it made me laugh.

I agree there's many a good prog outfit coming from Scandinavia, and
very curious which ones you want to label some of the best in the world?

Just to name a few of my own favorites, from the 70's I'd pick
Trettioåriga Kriget and Ragnarök from Sweden. From Norway, definetely
Ruphus and maybe Aunt Mary. Newer (though still old, from the 90's)
Landberk and Änglagård of Sweden, Ravana and White Willow of Norway.

Al F