Re: [LAU] "band in a box" solution for linux?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun May 05 2013 - 12:32:48 EEST

On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 19:51 +0200, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Am 03.05.2013 16:37, schrieb Ivan K:
> >

> > "rosea.grammostola" <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> >>
> >> Opening an MMA file with gedit, made me conclude that it's totally
> >> insane to do this stuff this way :)
> >
> > Yes, editing a linux file with gedit is insane. gedit is
> > a toy for people who do not know how to work under unix.
> >
> > The proper way to edit a unix file is with vi or emacs.
>
> whimps!
> dont you know good ole' textutils anymore?
> touch, sed, echo: that is real men workin under UNIX
>
> ;-)

+ 1 for touch, sed, echo, but also for Gedit and similar editors. Vi and
especially Emacs are hard to use and learning how to use them for many
users isn't worse the effort. I wonder that even new Linux users praise
Vi and Emacs, since those editors might have advantages for some usage,
but for most editing done by e.g. musicians, they are only hard to use,
without any advantage.