Re: [LAU] Monophonic pitch-to-MIDI converters for Linux

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Thu May 09 2013 - 18:15:38 EEST

Am 09.05.2013 16:45, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> Hi :)
>
> right now I'm testing Rakarrack. I already played Yoshimi by
> guitar-to-MIDI, using Rakarrack's converter and it seems to be worth to
> continue testing :).
>
> Are there other pitch-to-MIDI converters available for Linux?
> Are there any secret tricks, to improve the guitar-to-MIDI conversion?
>
> $ pacman -Q guitarix-git
> guitarix-git 20130507.2031-1
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

I've just (some hours ago) pushed a update to gxtuner.lv2 which is meant
to clean the midi output a bit. Its a LV2 plug Monophonic pitch-to-MIDI
converter. In gxtuner.lv2 the 'secret' is to set the threshold for the
tuner and the note-on level to the 'right' level according to your input
device.
But as least this one is far, far away from being perfect, if it is
worth a try you must decide yourself.