Re: [LAU] Questions about LV2

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 14:20:47 EEST

On 2013-05-14 22:58, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@mail.upb.de
> [1]> wrote:
>>   There are a couple of plugins, that load files (samplv2, zyn, I
> think the IR convolver,...) and they all rely on their GUIs. It seems
> to me, that its mostly loading and saving of files, that is done
> outside the LV2 plugin ports.
>
> Filename support is now in LV2 and Jalv: if a port is marked to be a
> filename, the host knows this, and is able to send an appropriate
> message to the plugin. This extension was written after IR convolver,
> and I dont think it has been updated yet. It should be. Same with zyn
> and samplv2, if im not mistaken.

probably referring to samplv1 ?

and no, samplv1 does not make use of the lv2:filename port attribute or
whatever it's called.

samplv1 makes use of the evil instance-access extension and the unix
sockets are there only for notification purposes--to let the gui update
its waveform display or refresh when a new sample file gets loaded at
the dsp side (eg. state presets).

byee

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela