Re: [LAU] SooperLooper 1.7.0 released

From: J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 20:04:36 EEST

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Kaspar Bumke <kaspar.bumke@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On 15 May 2013 14:28, Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > >Did that mean there is now a GUI-less NON Session Manager available
> > >somewhere??
> >

> > I don't think so. The protocol itself is in principle not dependent on a
> > GUI..
> >

> Yeah so until there is a GUI-less session manager I won't have a use
> for it. Even then, GUI-lessness lends itself more to be shell
> scripted. I have very low requirements in terms of start-up loading as
> I am trying to live-loop everything :)

NSM provides a GUI, but it does not require one. The daemon is controlled
via OSC and is therefore scriptable. nsmd can be invoked directly if
desired.The distribution even includes a send_osc commandline tool,
although there are many other tools to do the same thing. Also, the NSM
protocol doesn't require clients to have GUIs or even to use a particular
audio subsystem (or *any* audio subsystem).