[LAU] Roland Octa-Capture

From: Kevin Utter <kvutter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 16 2013 - 19:59:35 EEST

Hi all! Back to real Linux via PC: has anyone used the Roland Octa-Capture in Linux yet? I'm running Ubuntu 12.10. It doesn't show up in /proc/asound/cards, so am assuming it isn't automatically supported. When doing dmesg after connecting, its make, model, and serial number are identified, but it doesn't seem to know what type of device it is. Are there drivers available yet somewhere, assuming that's what I need? A google search a few months ago didn't show anything that looked hopeful. I'm only interested in the audio analog ins and outs, not really controlling it or using digital, as it has front-panel controls. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kevin