Re: [LAU] 3.8 Kernel and USB - (was Trouble getting Tascam US-122 to run)

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 28 2013 - 12:04:28 EEST

On May 28, 2013 12:52 AM, "James Stone" <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM, J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>>

>>> i'm a (not so happy anymore) owner of a us224 which does all the same
path as your us122,,.

>>> i am sloppy and the systems i use this lovely piece of h/w is not what
you'd call the latest and greatest

>>> so (my) the state of things at the time of this writing, is the
following:

>>> - on 3.4.x-rt it still works but only like a plain usb1 device (-r48000
-p128 -n3); good old and awesome, special fast and low-latency rawusb/hwdep
mode of operation is dead. or it seems so

>>> - on 3.8.x-rt it doesn't work at all; always nagging the device's being
used by something else (and no, it's not pulseaudio:); and if you dare to
use jack1 then, well, it just crashes the whole show (kernel oops)

>>> only tested with preempt_rt though (thus the -rt suffix above)...
>>>
>>> i know this does not help in anything but at least you're not alone :)
>>>
>>> cheers
>>

>> This is a known issue with the 3.8 kernel. It's breaks not only tascam
but lots of other USB audio devices as well. Register your discontent with
your distro, I guess.

> Ah - I was about to post a separate thread about this - can't get my
focusrite saffire to start at less than 512 on a 3.8 kernel.. Will go down
to 64 on 3.5. Where do I report/add to this bugreport?

> James

I meant Scarlett 2i4 not Saffire!! D'oh!