Re: [LAU] [OT] photo processing (was Distro upgrade vs: new install)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 31 2013 - 22:04:52 EEST

On 05/31/2013 02:15 AM, Ivan Tarozzi wrote:
> Il 31/05/2013 14:12, Jörn Nettingsmeier ha scritto:
>> On 05/31/2013 12:16 PM, david wrote:
>>
>>> Haven't done a fresh install in years, although I'll have one coming up
>>> sometime when I'm finally able to replace my dead main laptop. My
>>> present laptops are 32-bit; the new will be 64-bit and running 64-bit
>>> Linux. I've found only one program I use (a proprietary photoprocessing
>>> app) that won't install on 64-bit anymore.
>>
>> check out darktable.org and never look back :-D
>
> +1 ;)

I tried out Darktable. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. For
instance, never figured out how to get it to actually output a processed
image.

So I dropped it and went with RawTherapee instead. :-)

But neither of them have the speed of the proprietary program, neither
support using multiple cores, neither have the photo management chops.
(Well, near as I can tell about Darktable.)

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden