Re: [LAU] Syncing Jack in multiple machines

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 12 2013 - 01:26:07 EEST

On 06/10/2013 06:23 PM, Abhayadev S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyways to sync jack running in multiple machines? I have a video player in
> my laptop (QJadeo) to be synced with the Jack in my desktop. is it possible
> via network (OSC)?

Yes, xjadeo supports OSC, there's even an old script in xjadeo's contrib
folder for doing that. -- but you really really do not want to use OSC.

As Paul pointed out: If you need network, use netjack which will get you
sample-accurate jack-transport sync on remote machines.

xjadeo can also sync to MTC and LTC which provide much better accuracy
and less jitter (especially the latter) than OSC. Ardour3 can generate
both and there are standalone tools available:
https://github.com/x42/ltc-tools https://github.com/x42/mtc-tools

happy sync'in,
robin