Re: [LAU] Synchronization of audio with MIDI file

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 16 2013 - 00:41:07 EEST

On 06/14/2013 10:50 PM, Asa Marco wrote:
> Il giorno Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:07:56 -1000
> david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Isn't there something that allows to set MIDI tempo by tapping on
>>> keyboard? I'm sure to have used that method once to pair recorded
>>> audio and MIDI, but maybe I was using a software on windows.
>>
>> Rosegarden has that feature, but I think the recommendations for
>> Ardour3 would be better ones to take.
>
> Thank you David, I didn't know of that. But since Rosegarden set tempo
> only one point at the time, I recognize that is umpractical to set
> precisely "accelerando" or "ritardando" in this way.
>
> The approach of, for example, Finale is better for this purpose, i.e. to
> change time continuosly while tapping.
>
> http://www.finalemusic.com/usermanuals/finale2012win/content/finale/TempoTap.htm

I think that's what Rosegarden does, too. At least it mentions using
tapping to vary the tempo to match tempo changes within a 1-meaure long
audio loop. Sounds like doing accelerando and ritardando:

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/doc/en/segment-view-tempo-timesig.html

> Unfortunately I don't know of a sequencer on Linux that does this.

I haven't graduated to the point of using audio tracks in any sequencer,
so reading the thread been interesting!

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden