[LAU] Latency and jack parameters clarification

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 30 2013 - 09:42:45 EEST

In trying to get support with this usb problem in kernel 3.8:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1191603

I have been asked to provide info on what the period size in jack is and
how the round trip latency is calculated.

The dev can't see how with a 1ms latency (which is what jack is using with
a period size of 256 samples) the round trip latency is around 10ms.

I have quoted bits of the jack manual page but he doesn't find this helpful
and I have now reached the limits of my understanding of the matter and
can't find any more detailed descriptions on the web.

It would be great if someone with a more in-depth understanding could help
out here!

James