Re: [LAU] linux-rt & presonus 1818VSL

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 02 2013 - 22:29:56 EEST

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Fero Kiraly <fero.kiraly@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I say hallo for Harry ! ;)
Thanks! Your email client seems to mash up things a little: at least, the
email I'm replying to is quite garbled here... please send plain text
emails in future, and just reply under the text, no need for H: F: etc :)

Also, when pasting output from commands use a "pastebin" like
http://pastebin.com/ and provide a link, it makes for easier reading.
Thanks!

> <snip>
> H: That's a good start anyway: If I find some time, I'll write a quick
post on tuning an Arch system for maximum low-lat RT performance.
> F: appreciated ;)
A lot of your questions will be answered in this post: I'll link it here
when it is finished.

> F: oh, great !. it could be an ideal for me. I use various acoustic
instruments for live playing, so yes I am talking about less than 4ms
I'm also using soft-synths / effects live, so indeed latency should be
minimal. Understood.