Re: [LAU] Updated system, now refuses to load snd-usb-audio and module for onboard sound

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 04 2013 - 12:47:59 EEST

On 07/03/2013 10:27 PM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> david wrote:
>> For a couple of weeks now, it tries to find audio device(s), times out
>> after about 30 seconds and kills the search process, and the system
>> comes up with no audio whatever.
>> [...]
>> I've set up a basic script I can run to load the two drivers, but they
>> still refuse to load on bootup.
>
> What do you mean with "refuse"? Any rrror messages? In the system log?

According to syslog, it's finds and sets up both the USB device and the
Intel snd_intel8x0 just fine. No errors there. OK, so I guess they're
a log somewhere?

If I watch the screen during bootup, it's udev timing out when trying to
do something with the USB controller the USB card is connected to. The
udev error doesn't appear in dmesg or any logs.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden